There’s no better feeling for an avid motorcyclist than hitting the highway at full throttle – and there’s no more beautiful state to ride in than Florida. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users. After an accident, they need the help of an experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer.
If you’re in this situation, The Law Offices of David I. Fuchs, Injury & Accident Lawyer, P.A. stands ready to help. Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer David Fuchs has over three decades of experience helping motorcyclists and knows how to handle the challenges riders face when seeking compensation.
Reasons to Trust Our Firm for Your Case
Motorcyclists often find it difficult to win accident cases due to the stigma often associated with riders. But Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer David Fuchs knows how to defeat motorcycle bias.
David has helped clients obtain substantial settlements and court awards and is ready to do the same for you.
When you choose a Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer, you want someone with a deep understanding of Florida motorcycle laws and a track record of success. Our firm prioritizes communication, so David will always be here to answer your questions or address your concerns.
Our office is conveniently located just a few minutes from Florence C. Hardy Park.
8 Southeast Eighth Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Compensation Available Through a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
Suffering a severe injury on a motorcycle can lead to substantial expenses, physical pain, emotional distress, and other burdens.
A critical step toward lessening the impact of these hardships is seeking compensation through a motorcycle accident lawsuit. These are just some of the damages Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer David Fuchs will work to recover for you.
Motorcycle accidents often lead to terrible injuries that require immediate – and, in many cases, ongoing – medical attention.
You may recover compensation to cover your present and future medical bills, including:
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices
- Home care
If you’re severely hurt, you might not return to work for weeks, months, or even years. There might be a chance you’ll never go back to your job. Compensation for lost income can address this financial strain, delivering much-needed support as you recover. You can pursue compensation for not only your present lost income but also lost potential future earnings.
Pain and Suffering
While medical bills and lost income are tangible damages, pain and suffering are intangible. Compensation for pain and suffering accounts for not only your physical discomfort but also the impact of the injury on your life. Not every Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer has the skill to calculate pain and suffering and other intangible damages accurately, but David Fuchs does.
Emotional distress refers to the psychological and emotional suffering you experienced due to a motorcycle accident. It includes the negative emotions and mental anguish that can significantly impact your well-being.
While the physical injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are often evident, emotional distress represents the less tangible but equally valid aspect of your harm.
Hotspots for Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents continue to occur far too often in Florida. There were 9,268 in Florida last year, and they led to 621 deaths and 7,940 injuries. In the Fort Lauderdale area, there were 746 motorcycle crashes, resulting in 40 fatalities and 603 injuries.
Certain areas of Fort Lauderdale are more dangerous for riders than others. These accident hotspots include:
- U.S. 1 near the Commercial Boulevard, Oakland Park Boulevard, and Sunrise Boulevard interchanges.
- Sunrise Boulevard between Bayview Drive and Andrews Avenue.
- Downtown Fort Lauderdale, specifically in the area within the boundary of Andrews Avenue, U.S. 1, Northeast Second Street, and Southeast Second Street.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many different kinds of motorcycle accidents, each with its distinct circumstances.
The following is a brief look at some of the most common.
- Single-vehicle accidents – These typically occur due to potholes, debris in the road, or uneven road surfaces. In some instances, a malfunction of a motorcycle’s components, such as tires or brakes, can contribute.
- Multi-vehicle accidents – Cars, trucks, and other vehicles commonly strike motorcycles. Intersections are among the most common locations because drivers turning left often won’t look for bikes. Motorists will also hit riders when drifting out of their lane.
- Rear-end collisions – Drivers will often tailgate motorcyclists, causing a rear-end accident when the rider has to make a sudden stop.
These accidents often result in riders suffering severe injuries, such as:
- Road rash
- Fractures and broken bones
- Severe head injuries, such as traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
Reasons Motorcycle Wrecks Occur
Motorcycle accidents happen for a lot of reasons. The most prevalent is negligent motorists. Many drivers fail to acknowledge the presence of bikes. They’ll either lose focus on their surroundings or forget to check blind spots when turning or lane changes. Other common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
Distracted driving is a significant contributing factor to motorcycle wrecks. Too many motorists use their smartphones to text and talk when behind the wheel. Or, they’ll adjust their radios, eat and drink, or speak with their passengers. Even a momentary lapse of focus can lead to disaster.
Failure to Yield at Intersections
As noted earlier, intersections are among the most dangerous areas for riders. Drivers might fail to yield to motorcycles, often resulting in terrible consequences. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 42 percent of all motorcycle fatalities occur at intersections due to cars turning left while the rider was going straight.
Speeding is another contributing factor to motorcycle crashes. The faster a driver travels, the less time they’ll have to react quickly to unexpected situations. Motorists often become frustrated with traffic congestion or run behind schedule. When they drive too fast as a result, they significantly increase the risk of hitting a rider.
Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol dramatically reduces a motorist’s ability to focus on the road and their surroundings. If a motorcyclist appears, an impaired driver will be more likely to hit them than if they were sober.
Drunk or high drivers not only have impaired judgment, but their coordination suffers. The consequences are often tragic.
How a Skilled Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Fight the Insurance Company
You might already know it can be more challenging for motorcyclists to obtain fair compensation when they suffer injuries in an accident.
One reason is that Florida law doesn’t provide Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance for motorcycles. Riders must pursue other options when they need money to cover their medical and other accident-related expenses.
Another challenge is the bias toward motorcyclists mentioned earlier. Television and movies have perpetuated the stereotype that riders are thrill-seekers and troublemakers.
Many people believe those stereotypes and assume riders are to blame whenever an accident happens. Insurers do everything to take advantage of that stigma when working to deny motorcyclists the money they deserve.
Fortunately, an experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer can counteract an insurance company’s attempt to capitalize on motorcycle bias in the following ways.
Thoroughly Investigate the Accident
The foundation of a successful insurance claim or potential lawsuit lies in a comprehensive investigation. A skilled Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer will leave no stone unturned in gathering crucial evidence, interviewing witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene.
- Collecting evidence: This includes obtaining accident reports, medical records, and available surveillance footage. The lawyer may also visit the accident scene to assess conditions firsthand.
- Interviewing witnesses: Eyewitness accounts can provide valuable perspectives on the events leading up to the accident. A seasoned lawyer will work to gather statements from individuals who saw what happened.
- Accident reconstruction: Utilizing experts in accident reconstruction, your attorney can recreate the sequence of events. This scientific approach helps establish a clear understanding of how the accident occurred and who may be at fault.
Negotiate with Insurers
Insurance company negotiations are delicate and strategic. Insurers train adjusters to minimize payouts, emphasizing the need for a skilled Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer to advocate for the victim’s interests.
The negotiation process involves:
- Presenting a compelling case: Armed with solid proof and a detailed assessment of damages, your attorney will craft a compelling narrative that clearly establishes the liability of the at-fault party.
- Articulating the victim’s needs: A seasoned Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer can effectively communicate the full scope of the victim’s losses and the financial impact of the accident.
- Counteracting insurance tactics: Insurance companies may employ various tactics to reduce payouts. For example, an adjuster may try to trick an accident victim into accepting blame or tempt them with a lowball settlement offer. Attorneys worth your trust know how to defeat these strategies, protecting your rights and challenging any attempts to undervalue your claim.
Prepare for Litigation if Needed
No one likes going to court. Insurance companies prioritize maximizing profits, not paying for high-priced, high-powered legal teams. However, there are many instances where insurers refuse to offer a fair settlement.
When that happens, you may need to go to trial.
Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers with extensive trial experience, such as David Fuchs, will typically prepare in the following ways:
- Developing the best legal strategy: The lawyer formulates a robust legal strategy, identifying key arguments, evidence, and legal precedents that support the victim’s case.
- Courtroom advocacy: With extensive preparation, your lawyer will advocate for your rights. They’ll present a compelling argument before a judge and jury, seeking to establish liability and secure the compensation you deserve.
- Procedural adherence: Navigating the legal intricacies of a courtroom requires adherence to procedural rules and deadlines. A seasoned Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer will meet all legal requirements to help make their clients’ cases as strong as possible.
How a Ensure You Have the Best Chances of Obtaining Compensation
Your actions in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident will significantly increase your chance of winning your case.
Please remember to:
- Continue your medical treatment – Adhering to prescribed medical treatments and attending follow-up appointments is essential for your recovery and provides crucial documentation for your case.
- Retain all your accident-related paperwork – Keep meticulous records of all medical bills, property damage costs, and other expenses related to the accident. This will help your Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer accurately calculate your damages.
- Don’t communicate with any insurance company representatives – Always remember that the insurer will use anything you say against you. Don’t have any conversations with adjusters or any other insurance company professionals without speaking to your Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Document your experience – Maintain a detailed journal describing your physical and emotional experiences following the accident. Note pain levels, mood changes, and the overall impact on your daily life.
Please Don’t Forget to Bring the Right Documents to Your Consultation
When you speak with your Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer, it will help if you have accident-related documentation. For example, try to bring copies of all medical records. These include diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, and any other paperwork that gives a comprehensive view of your health status.
Also, bring all of your bills and invoices related to not only your medical treatment but also your property damage repairs. If you’re likely to miss extensive work, bring your pay stubs to show your lost income.
Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer David Fuchs is Standing By to Help
Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer David Fuchs is committed to guiding you through every step of your case. Not only will he passionately advocate for your rights, but he’ll also keep you updated at every turn. David won’t stop until he’s done everything he possibly can to obtain maximum compensation for all of your financial and intangible losses.
David I. Fuchs, Injury & Accident Lawyer, P.A. – Fort Lauderdale Office
8 SE 8th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
P: (954) 568-3636