Nighttime car accidents are more likely to result in severe injuries and more fatalities, according to the National Safety Council. If you are in a car accident that happens at night, you may be unsure of what to do next. The car accident was scary enough, but when the sun goes down, the aftermath can be terrifying and traumatic.
Here are the steps you should take after a car accident at night and how the car accident claims process works.
Steps to Stay Safe After a Nighttime Car Crash
You are required to stay at the accident scene to call for help, give aid if you can, and wait for first responders.
- Move your vehicle out of traffic and onto the side or shoulder. Turn on your emergency flashers.
- If your vehicle is not drivable, turn on your emergency flashers and use an emergency flare if you have one.
- Call 911
- If you can, use your cell phone camera to take pictures of the accident scene.
- Exchange information with the other driver.
Get Medical Attention Immediately
First and foremost, you need to call 911 after a car accident. Even if you think you feel “fine,” you may have severe internal injuries, a concussion, or a brain injury that isn’t visibly seen. There are several emergency rooms that are open 24/7 in Fort Lauderdale, including:
- Broward Health Imperial Point Emergency Room
- Holy Cross Health Emergency Room
- Broward Health Medical Center
- Kindred Hospital South Florida – Fort Lauderdale
- Florida Medical Center Emergency Room
- Westside Regional Medical Center Emergency Room
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Emergency Room
Once you have been deemed medically stable by a healthcare provider, your next call might be to a car accident lawyer who can help you through the claims process.
File A Claim While You Recover
A car accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can start on your case right away. There is no time to waste when you consider that:
- Evidence can disappear
- There is a statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits
- You will soon have medical bills and other expenses rolling in
We investigate who is responsible for causing your car accident. Attorney Fuchs and his team collect evidence, documentation, and testimony to show how the other party is liable and, therefore, should pay your medical bills and other expenses.
Pursue Fair & Full Compensation
Some of the damages that you may be entitled to after a severe car wreck include:
- Medical care, treatment, and attention
- Follow-up care and therapy
- Car repairs
- Temporary transportation
- Lost pay
- Pain and suffering
According to the NSC, 50% of traffic fatalities happen at night. If you lost a loved one in a nighttime car crash, we could pursue wrongful death damages for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and other losses.
Call an Accident Attorney 24/7
You can always reach someone 24/7 when you call David I. Fuchs, Injury & Accident Lawyer, P.A. We’re in the business of helping injury victims, and accident survivors pick up the pieces of their lives. You should never have to wait to start recovering.
A critical part of any car accident recovery is the ability to recover full compensation for what you’ve been through. The sooner you retain the services of a car accident lawyer, the more relief you’ll feel after everything you’ve been through.
Free Consultation Wherever Convenient for You
When you call, we’ll schedule a free consultation. We can discuss your car accident via Zoom, at our office in Fort Lauderdale, or at any location of your choice – even if it’s from the comfort of your home or your hospital bed.
During your consultation, you’ll learn more about what the coming days may look like and what to expect as we move forward with your car accident claim.
Common Causes of Nighttime Car Accidents
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Negligent drivers – drunk, drowsy, drugged, distracted, aggressive driving
- Defective products – negligent automakers, manufacturers, distributors
- Irresponsible government agencies – failure to maintain safe roadways
Nighttime car accidents are also caused by poor night vision. Some are even caused by a driver without working headlights. Whatever the reason, a car accident lawyer can identify the cause and the liable party.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
Being involved in a serious car accident at night is traumatic, but hiring a car accident lawyer can relieve your stress. If your accident happened in the middle of the night, you need access to an experienced Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer, no matter what time it is.
Call David I. Fuchs, Injury & Accident Lawyer, P.A. on our online contact form.